I have made this several times but have never tasted it because I don't have sweet tooth. Everyone I've ever given it to loves it & it is easy. I microwaved instead of stove on the last batch I made. I make it for Christmas presents & I've never had a complaint.
Merry Cherry Fudge
This easy fudge recipe gives chocolate-covered cherries some new competition. It plants a sweet cherry in every square.
Yield: 2 pounds
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 36 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 6 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Lightly coat an 8" square pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Blot cherries dry with paper towels.
- Combine chocolates in a heavy saucepan; place over very low heat, and stir constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in sweetened condensed milk and cherry juice. Stir in pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Immediately press cherries into fudge, leaving top of each cherry and stem exposed. Cover and chill fudge 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut fudge into 36 squares. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note