- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or cocoa
- Combine first 5 ingredients; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes).
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe 32 (1 1/4"-wide) mounds to resemble mushroom caps and 32 (1"-tall) columns to resemble stems onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 200° for 1 hour and 30 minutes; turn oven off. Let meringues stand in closed oven 2 hours.
- Spread a thin layer of melted chocolate on flat side of caps. Trim rounded end of stems to make flat; press against chocolate to attach stems to caps. Sprinkle caps lightly with cinnamon or cocoa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This