We used Quaker yellow cornmeal for a smooth, creamy texture.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pour 3 cups boiling water gradually over cornmeal in a large bowl, stirring until smooth. Add salt and butter, stirring until well blended; let stand 10 minutes. Gradually stir in milk and eggs. Stir in baking powder. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note