- 1 (1-pound) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Season both sides of eggplant slices with 1 1/4 teaspoons salt; let stand at least one hour. Pat eggplant dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant slices; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn slices over. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 25 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This