Melon and Steak with Smoked Paprika Dressing
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 7 minutes; Total time: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 1/2 ounces steak, plus salad and 1 tablespoon dressing)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1. Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper; grill with onion, turning onion after about 4 minutes and steak after 7 minutes, until meat is medium-rare or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer meat and onion to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing steak.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime, olive oil, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper; stir with a whisk. Set dressing aside.
- 3. Slice steak; arrange on platter with cantaloupe, onions, cilantro, and mint; drizzle with dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note