Melon Salad with Lime-Ginger Syrup
More From Health
Chill: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 139
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 32mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/4 medium seedless watermelon
- 1/2 large ripe cantaloupe
- 1/2 large ripe honeydew
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from about 3 small limes)
- 1. Using a melon baller, scoop 1-inch balls from melons and combine in a bowl. Fold in mint and zest. Refrigerate.
- 2. Bring sugar, 1/3 cup water and ginger to a boil in a pan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until reduced by half and syrupy, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in juice. Pour into a container and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. When ready to serve, spoon melon balls into 4 bowls. Strain syrup and spoon 1 Tbsp. over each bowl. Garnish with more mint, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note