A wonderful dessert!
Shaved Melon Salad with Lemon-Sherry Dressing
For the best flavor, choose a good bottle of sherry. For a nutty taste, go with amontillado; for something sweeter and slightly richer, use oloroso. If you don't have a mandoline, you can cube the melons or scoop them with a melon baller; we did not have luck shaving the melon with a vegetable peeler.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 94
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 143mg
- Calcium: 12mg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe
- 1/2 medium honeydew melon
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh mint
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- 2. Remove and discard seeds from cantaloupe and honeydew melon. Cut melons into 2-inch-wide wedges; remove rinds. Cut melon wedges into long, thin ribbons using a mandoline. Add melon ribbons to dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shaved Melon Salad with Lemon-Sherry Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This