Living in Arizona, I take advantage of all the fruit," Nancee Melin says, "and I'm a big salad fan." Using her favorites from the produce market, she constructed this wholesome, fresh combination.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Cholesterol: 1.1mg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat or nonfat yogurt
- Hot sauce
- 1 cantaloupe or honeydew melon (3 1/2 to 4 lb.)
- 2 oranges (about 1 lb. total)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup matchstick-size pieces jicama
- 1/3 cup salted roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a bowl, whisk to blend fresh ginger, lime peel, cilantro, lime juice, orange juice, and yogurt. Add hot sauce to taste.
- 2. Rinse melon, cut in quarters, and discard seeds. Cut off and discard melon peel. Thinly slice melon and arrange equally on plates.
- 3. Rinse oranges; cut off and discard peel and white membrane. Cut between segments and membrane to release fruit. Arrange orange segments equally with melon.
- 4. Peel and pit avocado. Cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices equally on plates. Scatter jicama pieces onto plates, spoon yogurt dressing over salads, and sprinkle with pistachios. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note