Great summer appetizer
Herbed Goat Cheese-Melon Party Bites
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
Indulge in the warm days of summer with this refreshing combination of watermelon and goat cheese in Herbed Goat Cheese-Melon Party Bites.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 small watermelon
- 1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: fresh basil and freshly ground pepper
- Cut half of watermelon into 1-inch-thick slices. Cut slices into 25 rounds, using a 2-inch round cutter. Scoop just enough melon from tops to form indentations, using a melon baller. Stir together goat cheese, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil, salt, and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper. Spoon into indentations. Chill 1 to 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers