Make any size batch of this recipe by simply multiplying the ingredient measurements by the desired number of servings. For larger batches, stir together all ingredients in a pitcher until powdered sugar is dissolved. Chill and serve over ice. For a sweeter drink, use 1/2 cup powdered sugar instead of 1/3 cup.
More From Southern Living
- Fresh lime wedge (optional)
- Margarita salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice*
- 3 tablespoons melon liqueur
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Garnish: lime slice
- 1. Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with lime wedge, and dip rim in salt to coat, if desired.
- 2. Fill cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add lime juice, liqueur, tequila, and powdered sugar; cover with lid, and shake until thoroughly chilled. Strain into prepared glass. Garnish, if desired, and serve immediately.
- *1/3 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate may be substituted for fresh lime juice. Omit powdered sugar, and proceed with recipe as directed.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Midori for melon liqueur and Jose Cuervo Especial for tequila.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note