Melon and Goat Cheese Salad with Agrodolce Dressing
Notes: Agrodolce is a sweet-tart Italian mixture of caramelized sugar and vinegar or wine. You can make the dressing up to 5 days ahead; cover airtight and chill. You can prepare the salad through step 3 up to 6 hours ahead; cover and chill. Store nuts airtight at room temperature.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 239mg
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1 ripe cantaloupe (about 3 lb.)
- 6 cups tender watercress sprigs (about 6 oz.) or bite-size pieces frisée, rinsed and crisped
- 2 cups huckleberries or blueberries, rinsed
- Agrodolce dressing
- 8 to 10 ounces fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1. Place walnuts in a 9-inch square or round pan and bake in a 350° regular or convection oven, shaking pan once, until golden brown under skins, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut peel off melon; scoop out and discard seeds. Cut melon into 1/2-inch-thick crescents.
- 3. On a large platter or on dinner or salad plates, arrange watercress, melon slices, and berries.
- 4. Shortly before serving, drizzle about half the agrodolce dressing over fruit on platter or 1 to 2 tablespoons over each serving. Cut chèvre into slices or break into chunks and distribute over salad. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and pepper to taste. Offer remaining dressing to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note