So very yummy, and so very easy! My 6yo wasn't a fan of the soup (too much shallot I think?) but of course he loved the crispy prosciutto. I put the leftovers in the fridge and had the rest as breakfast the next morning (sans prosciutto) - which intensified the shallot flavor - more than my husband would have liked, but I found it to be delicious!
Melon Gazpacho with Frizzled Prosciutto
Pair with prosecco or other sparkling wine for a lovely, light summer dinner. Serve half-sized portions for a starter course.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 27 Minutes
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 9.7g
- Carbohydrate: 32.7g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 16.7mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 638mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 5 cups cubed peeled cantaloupe (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups chopped ripe peaches (about 4 large)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ribbons
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place first 7 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth (process in batches, if necessary). Place in freezer to chill while prosciutto cooks.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add prosciutto; cook 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Spoon soup into bowls; top with prosciutto, mint, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note