Included this as one of our dinner club recipes last month and everyone loved it. Will definitely make again
Melon and Fig Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic Drizzle
The best of summer is tossed together in this fresh Melon and Fig Salad with Prosciutto and Balsamic Drizzle.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 28.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 299mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1/2 pound honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 very thin slices prosciutto, torn (about 1 ounce)
- 4 fresh figs, quartered
- 1. Bring vinegar to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; cook until syrupy and reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- 2. Combine oil, juice, pepper, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add salad greens; toss gently. Divide melon among 4 plates; top with salad greens. Arrange prosciutto and figs over salad greens; drizzle with balsamic syrup.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note