I tried this recipe with cantaloupe. It was delicious -- a perfect summer salad -- with a refreshing balance of sweet and salty. http://www.themostcolorfulone.com/1/post/2013/08/melon-crispy-prosciutto-salad.html
Melon and Crispy Prosciutto Salad
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Build the base of this sweet, salty, and crunchy salad with any melon.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 (4-oz.) package prosciutto
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 10 cup loosely packed baby greens (such as arugula)
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 (4-oz.) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1. Arrange half of prosciutto on a paper towel-lined microwave-safe plate; cover with a paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until crisp. Repeat procedure with remaining prosciutto. Break prosciutto into large pieces.
- 2. Whisk together mint and next 5 ingredients.
- 3. Toss greens and chopped melon with vinaigrette, and top with cooked prosciutto, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped pistachios.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note