One of my all time favorites -- the flavor combination is amazing. Everyone I have ever made it for has been impressed as well, by how unique the flavors are as well as the presentation.
Melon Chicken Salad
The combination of sweet honey, salty soy sauce, tart vinegar, bitter daikon radish, and savory chicken make this inspired chicken salad one for the repeat recipe file.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 22.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 383mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) strips honeydew melon
- 3 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) strips cantaloupe
- 2 cups (2 x 1/4-inch) strips daikon radish
- 1 cup (2 x 1/4-inch) strips peeled English cucumber
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add honeydew and next 4 ingredients (through green onions); toss well to coat.
- Place 2 cups melon mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup chicken. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cilantro over each serving; top each with 1 1/2 teaspoons walnuts. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads