Melon, Berry and Feta Salad
Jenn Louis uses whatever melon looks best at the market, and she sometimes swaps out the feta for ricotta salata, or the chives for mint.
More From Food & Wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, feshly squeezed
- 1 (small) shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon preserved lemon peel or lemon zest, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 (about 1 1/4 pounds) green melon, halved, cut into wedges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 (about 1 1/4 pounds) orange or yellow melon, halved, cut into wedges, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, preserved lemon and crushed red pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the melon slices and blackberries on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over the fruit. Garnish the salad with the feta and snipped chives and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note