Melon-and-Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella
Photo: © Mark Roper
Chef Andy Glover of Mission Estate Winery used smoked pork, but prosciutto is also tasty.
- 2 1/2-pound honeydew melonseeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 peach, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vin cotto or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto (2 ounces)
- In a bowl, toss the melon and peach with the oil and vin cotto ; season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the herbs and cheese. Transfer the salad to a platter, top with the prosciutto and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This