Haven't made this and will revise rating, if needed when I do, but have a question and didn't know how else to ask: It sounds delicious but I am confused by the last line: toss with remaining dressing just before serving. I wouldn't want to toss a trifle, you lose your pretty layers. Do you drizzle the dressing on top? shmilyengle, what did you do?
Photo: Lauren Rubinstein; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
- 3 cups peeled, coarsely chopped fresh peaches (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 (8-oz.) tub fresh small mozzarella cheese balls, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing
- 4 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 4 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, cut in half
- Garnishes: fresh raspberries, mint leaves
- 1. Toss first 3 ingredients with 1/4 cup Lemon-Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 2. Layer watermelon, peach mixture, honeydew, berries, and grapes in a large glass trifle dish or tall glass bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours. Toss with remaining 1/2 cup dressing just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads