Melinda's Pumpkin Curry Soup
Community Recipe from
- Serves 8 (5 large)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
- ¾ cup minced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 32 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 - 29 oz can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until seeds begin to brown.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions. Stir in flour and curry powder. Cook, stirring, until mixed. Gradually whisk in broth. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half. Season with soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring just to a boil, and then remove from heat. Optional: Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Melinda's Pumpkin Curry Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes