Melinda's Chicken Tortilla Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Serves 8
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts
- 1 (15 oz) can Whole Peeled Tomatoes – mashed
- 1 (10 oz) can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 medium Onion – chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can Diced Green Chile Peppers
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 (12 oz) package Frozen Corn
- 1 tablespoon chopped Cilantro
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chilies, and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours. One half hour before serving, remove chicken breasts, shred and return to slow cooker.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Melinda's Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews