Mega Strawberry Pie
Mega Strawberry Pie combines all the luscious ingredients from our Mile-high Strawberries Pies into one mega pie.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 50 Minutes
- Pastry Crusts
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Creamy Lemon Filling
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Strawberry Topping
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 cup hulled fresh strawberries
- Vanilla Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1. Prepare Crust: Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle surface with 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar. Roll piecrust into an 11-inch circle on prepared surface. Fit piecrust, sugar side down, in a 9-inch pie plate; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Prepare Creamy Lemon Filling: Beat cream cheese and sour cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and next 2 ingredients; beat until smooth and fluffy. Spoon Creamy Lemon Filling into prepared crust; cover with plastic wrap, and chill until ready to serve (up to 24 hours).
- 3. Prepare Strawberry Topping: Process 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth, and press through a wire-mesh strainer into a 3-qt. saucepan, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice; discard pulp. Stir 1 cup granulated sugar into juice in pan.
- 4. Whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; gradually whisk cornstarch mixture into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and whisk in butter. Cool 15 minutes.
- 5. Toss together strawberry mixture and 10 cups hulled strawberries gently in a large bowl until coated. (Halve some berries; leave others whole.) Cover; chill 3 hours or until cold.
- 6. Prepare Vanilla Cream: Beat heavy cream and vanilla at medium-high speed until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- 7. Spoon Strawberry Topping onto pie; top with Vanilla Cream. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note