This wrap is stuffed with chicken tenders and couscous with a hint of lemon and a healthy dose of fresh herbs. Save any leftovers to wrap up for an easy lunch. Serve with a mixed green salad and a glass of crisp white wine.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 10-inch spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps or tortillas
- 1 pound(s) chicken tenders
- 1 cup(s) chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup(s) couscous (whole-wheat if possible)
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine parsley, mint, lemon juice, oil, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3. Toss chicken tenders in a medium bowl with 1 tablespoon of the parsley mixture and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Place the tenders in a large nonstick skillet and cook over medium heat until cooked though, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut into bite-size pieces when cool enough to handle.
- 4. Stir the remaining parsley mixture into the couscous along with tomato and cucumber.
- 5. To assemble wraps, spread about 3/4 cup of the couscous mixture onto each wrap. Divide the chicken among the wraps. Roll the wraps up like a burrito, tucking in the sides to hold the ingredients in. Serve cut in half.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by flambe99 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note