My kids are not a fan of this recipe, because of all the veggies. I love the roasted vegetables, I love the sweet of the balsamic vinegar and saltiness of the feta. It is a little time consuming, to have to make the salsa, the rice, and everything else, but I think it is totally worth it, and it would be a shame to miss out on this great recipe.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 43.7g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup hot cooked jasmine or long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine rice and basil; set aside.
- Arrange bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, and 1/4 cup red onion in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil for 12 minutes or until the vegetables are browned; spoon into a large bowl. Drizzle vinegar and oil over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/4 cup of rice mixture down center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup roasted vegetables, 2 tablespoons tomato mixture, and 1 tablespoon cheese; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches