Mediterranean White Bean Salad
- 1 (15.8-oz.) can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed*
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) bottle light balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, separated
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Stir together first 4 ingredients, 1/3 cup vinaigrette, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Place flank steak and remaining balsamic vinaigrette in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and chill 30 minutes, turning steak occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Divide lettuce evenly among 4 bowls. Top each evenly with bean mixture and steak. Sprinkle with cheese.
- *Cannellini beans may be substituted.
- Marian's tip: For an easy appetizer or a simple sandwich stuffing, finely chop the vegetables in the white bean mixture. Serve alone with toasted pita chips, or stuff inside a pita pocket with flank steak or thinly sliced roast beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes