Mediterranean White Bean and Spinach Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion diced finely
- 4 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can(s) no-salt diced tomatoes 14 oz
- 1 can(s) no-salt cannellini beans (any white bean may be substituted) 14 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried Italian seasoning
- 1 dash(es) ground pepper optional
- 1 dash(es) red pepper flakes optional
- 4 ounce(s) whole-wheat pasta (shells or elbows) optional
- 4 cup(s) baby spinach
- 4 teaspoon(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic, carrots, and onions until the carrots are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, tomatoes, beans, pasta shells, rosemary, Italian seasoning, and pepper to skillet. Bring to boil.
- Add shells and cook 14 minutes. If soup is too thick simply add a bit more stock.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking until wilted.
- Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Makes 6 servings. Per Serving: 1 1/3 cups
- Per serving: 199 calories, 4 g total fat (<1 g saturated fat), 32 g carbohydrate
- 10 g protein, 4 g dietary fiber, 85 mg sodium.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Desposito and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes