Mediterranean Veggies with Navy Bean Penne
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 ounce(s) penne pasta
- 1 can(s) navy beans rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 can(s) stewed tomoatos
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ounce(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 5 teaspoon(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, add beans during last minute of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat skillet with cooking spray; add peppers and zucchini. Coat vegetables with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes or until beginning to brown on edges, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and basil; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in oil and set aside.
- 3. Drain pasta mixture and place on serving platter, spoon the tomato mixture over pasta and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by annawkana and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mediterranean Veggies with Navy Bean Penne Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes