Mediterranean Turkey With Swiss Chard Over Polenta
Break out your wok because the polenta, turkey and swiss chard in this Mediterranean dish can all be cooked one after the other in a single pan. Hooray!
More From Health
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 364mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 3/4 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 pound Swiss chard, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; cook polenta, turning halfway through, 3 minutes. Transfer to platter; cover.
- 2. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; cook turkey 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, 1/2 cup broth, 1 garlic clove, and currants. Cook, stirring, 1 minute more or until turkey is cooked through. Transfer to platter with slotted spoon, reserving liquid in wok; cover.
- 3. Add Swiss chard and onion to wok; cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes more.
- 4. Spoon the chard mixture onto a platter; top with pine nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note