Mediterranean Turkey With Swiss Chard Over Polenta
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 364mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 3/4 pound turkey cutlets, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 pound Swiss chard, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; cook polenta, turning halfway through, 3 minutes. Transfer to platter; cover.
- 2. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to wok; cook turkey 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, 1/2 cup broth, 1 garlic clove, and currants. Cook, stirring, 1 minute more or until turkey is cooked through. Transfer to platter with slotted spoon, reserving liquid in wok; cover.
- 3. Add Swiss chard and onion to wok; cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining 1/2 cup broth and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes more.
- 4. Spoon the chard mixture onto a platter; top with pine nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note