This is one of my go-to weeknight meals and is loved by everyone in our family. You will not be disappointed!
Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
Serve a light and fresh turkey burger flavored with pesto and feta cheese. A spicy and creamy tzatziki sauce is great spread on the burgers or served on the side for dipping.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 24.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, toasted and halved
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; mix until combined. Divide panko mixture into 4 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick oval patty.
- 2. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty and 1/2 cup arugula in each pita half.
- Tzatziki sauce: Combine 1/2 cup plain low-fat, Greek-style yogurt; 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve with sliced bell pepper and celery sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note