This was absolutely delicious, with the added bonus of being quick and easy. My favorite type of recipe.I didn't use arugula, just romaine. Both the husband and the daughter loved it, although my daughter had it without the sauce. And they've both requested that I make it again next week, which I will be happy to do. Loved everything about this recipe.
Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 24.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 595mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, toasted and halved
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; mix until combined. Divide panko mixture into 4 portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick oval patty.
- 2. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 patty and 1/2 cup arugula in each pita half.
- Tzatziki sauce: Combine 1/2 cup plain low-fat, Greek-style yogurt; 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded cucumber; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper. Serve with sliced bell pepper and celery sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This