Mediterranean Tuna Wrap
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 (6-ounce) tuna fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning or herbes de Provence
- 1 (7-ounce) container roasted-garlic hummus
- 4 (8-inch) tortillas or wraps, any flavor
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Brush both sides of tuna with olive oil; sprinkle with seasoning. Sauté or grill over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. (Fish can also be baked or broiled.) Let stand 5 minutes, and slice.
- Spread one-fourth of the hummus evenly over each tortilla. Place spinach on hummus. Arrange roasted bell pepper and tuna evenly over spinach.
- Roll wrap, and serve immediately. If serving later, wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
- Note: Look at color first when shopping for tuna. Steaks range from pink to deep red, depending on the species. Never purchase tan or brown tuna. A darker band running along large loin pieces is perfectly normal but may have a strong taste. You can substitute many kinds of seafood--or even chicken--for tuna in this sandwich. For a healthy boost, try grilled salmon.
- Wine note: The newly released Beaulieu Vineyard Coastal Estates Pinot Grigio offers delicate floral aromas with peach and melon notes. This lighter white wine pairs well with the ahi, hummus, and bell pepper flavors. Or try Beaulieu's Sauvignon Blanc, a natural match with the lean, clean taste of the tuna. It also complements the creamy yogurt and aromatic mint in the side dishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note