I wasn't able to use swordfish because the store was out of it, so I used rockfish, instead. But, it was still good. I think next time I'll chop some extra olives to sprinkle on the top with the tomatoes.
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 665mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon small capers, drained
- 4 (8-ounce) swordfish steaks (about 3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sauté onion in hot oil in an ovenproof skillet or pan over medium heat 3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; stir in wine, olives, and capers.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining salt and pepper. Place fish over onion mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 400° for 26 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes