Mediterranean Summer Salad
With pasta added, this gives a nice twist to the typical Greek salad. Be sure to use good-quality feta cheese, as it really makes a difference in flavor and creaminess.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 149
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 293mg
- Cholesterol: 8.4mg
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Greek olives such as kalamata, pitted and halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese, broken into large chunks
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, pine nuts, olives, feta, and spinach. Add cooked orzo.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste; toss with salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note