Mediterranean Spinach Lasagna
This Mediterranean-inspired lasagna is a wonderful vegetarian pasta recipe complete with spinach, mushrooms, olives, carrots and lots of melted cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 379
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 705mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8-ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms, carrot, and onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetable mixture from heat, and stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, olives, oregano, basil, and pepper. Set mixture aside.
- Drain spinach, and press between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine spinach, cottage cheese, nonfat cream cheese, and lemon juice. Set spinach mixture aside.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of an 11- x 7- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with vegetable cooking spray. Spoon one-third of spinach mixture over noodles. Spoon one-third of vegetable mixture over spinach mixture. Top with one-third of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice with remaining noodles, spinach mixture, vegetable mixture, and mozzarella cheese. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
If desired, cover and chill overnight before baking. Bake, uncovered.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes