I made this for a dinner party and everyone really enjoyed it. It makes for a nice presentation and was very tasty. I added a little cayenne pepper to give it a bit of a kick, because I found it a little bland without. It was also quick to make.
Mediterranean Shrimp Salad in Cucumber Cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 43
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 2.9g
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced drained capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined cooked shrimp, chopped (plus 8 to 10 extra whole shrimp for garnish, if desired)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 English cucumbers, each about 1 1/2 inches wide (1 1/3 lb. total)
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, capers, and garlic. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Cut the cucumbers into 18 3/4-inch slices. With a melon baller or small spoon, scrape out about half the flesh from the center of each slice. Fill each cup with shrimp salad, or, for an even prettier presentation, place a whole shrimp upside down into about half the cucumber cups, then spoon the salad around it.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mediterranean Shrimp Salad in Cucumber Cups Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This