- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced drained capers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined cooked shrimp, chopped (plus 8 to 10 extra whole shrimp for garnish, if desired)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 English cucumbers, each about 1 1/2 inches wide (1 1/3 lb. total)
- calories 43
- caloriesfromfat 67 %
- protein 2.9 g
- fat 3.2 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 0.7 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 50 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, capers, and garlic. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the cucumbers into 18 3/4-inch slices. With a melon baller or small spoon, scrape out about half the flesh from the center of each slice. Fill each cup with shrimp salad, or, for an even prettier presentation, place a whole shrimp upside down into about half the cucumber cups, then spoon the salad around it.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.