I served this dish as an entrÃ©e paired with tomato basil soup with fresh baby spinach added. It was delish.
Mediterranean Shrimp-and-Pasta Salad
Fresh herbs are crucial to the flavor of this pasta salad.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 577
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Protein: 32.5g
- Carbohydrate: 69.4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 153mg
- Iron: 6.4mg
- Sodium: 688mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups uncooked cavatappi or other short-twisted pasta
- 1 cup trimmed arugula
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare salad, combine water and bay leaves in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water. Discard the bay leaves. Peel shrimp; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cover and chill.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine shrimp, pasta, arugula, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, and toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes