Mediterranean Seafood Grill with Skordalia
This dish includes a slice of sourdough bread in the garlicky potato sauce known as skordalia. This thick and creamy sauce can also be used as a spread on sandwiches or as a dip for veggies and rye crackers.
Resistant Starch: 1.7g
More From Health
Total: 55 Minutes
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 31g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- 1 pound russet or Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 slice sourdough bread, crust removed, and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound halibut fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 1 pound small zucchini, diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan, add garlic, cover with cold water, and cook over high heat 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. While the potatoes cook, place the bread in a large bowl. Spoon 23 tablespoons cooking liquid from potatoes over bread. Stir with a fork until smooth. Add yogurt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and lemon zest and juice; stir until a smooth paste forms.
- 3. Place a large bowl in the sink, and set a colander on top. Drain potatoes and garlic, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer potatoes to bread mixture, and mash until smooth. Add reserved cooking liquid 2 tablespoons at a time until mixture takes on the consistency of loose mashed potatoes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Cover and keep warm.
- 4. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle fish with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and thyme. Cook 23 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- 5. Place bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; toss to coat. Arrange bell pepper in grill pan, and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning as necessary for even cooking.
- 6. Serve halibut with grilled vegetables and skordalia.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note