Was hoping for something more flavorful and impressive. It was very tender, but wanted more from this. My husband really liked it. I'll try it again but add more spice next time. Found a boneless 3.5lb turkey breast at Whole Foods. It filled my crock pot!
Mediterranean Roast Turkey
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 314
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 57g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 141mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 468mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning mix (such as McCormick's)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-pound) boneless turkey breast, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Thyme sprigs (optional)
- Combine first 9 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Add 1/4 cup chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup broth and flour in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add broth mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes. Cut turkey into slices.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note