I did like this though I felt something was missing. Maybe mint? And I think the ratio of rice to fresh vegetables is too high. If I made it again I'd only make 1 cup of rice not 1 and 1/2 cups of rice.
Mediterranean Rice Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Protein: 5.6g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 793mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and the rice. Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pepper, pepper flakes, and remaining tsp. salt.
- 3. Add rice to dressing and toss to combine. Add spinach, toss, and let sit until no longer steaming, about 20 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads