Mediterranean Pizza with Whole Wheat Crust
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Carbohydrate: 27.3g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 394mg
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Calcium: 127mg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella and provolone cheese blend
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Stir flours and 1/2 teaspoon salt into yeast mixture. Gradually add 1/3 cup cold water, stirring until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 2 minutes). Roll dough into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Place tomato slices on paper towels; let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion, zucchini, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add artichokes and 1 1/2 tablespoons each of basil and oregano; sauté 30 seconds. Drain. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle crust with 1/2 cup cheese blend. Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese blend. Place tomato slices on top of cheese. Sprinkle with feta cheese and remaining basil and oregano. Bake an additional 6 to 7 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This