Mediterranean Pita Pizza
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) onion finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic
- 1 can(s) tomato paste 8 oz can of sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary crushed
- 2 6-inch slice(s) whole wheat pita bread rounds
- 1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese shredded, reduced fat
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh spinach shredded
- 1 whole(s) tomatoes medium, chopped
- 12 olives pitted and quartered
- 1/4 cup(s) feta cheese reduced-fat, crumbled
- 6 ounce(s) ground beef lean
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium nonstick skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce and rosemary. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully split pita bread rounds in half horizontally; place pita halves, rough sides up, in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Top toasted pita bread with meat mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Top with spinach, tomato, feta cheese, and olives. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings. Each pizza has 260 calories, 10 grams fat, and 5 grams fiber.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by meganmumford and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note