We love this salad, it is a go to for us. Easy and yummy and tasty.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
This satisfying pasta salad features three-cheese tortellini, which comes in a variety of flavors. Try either the chicken or mushroom version for a different variation. Freeze leftover tortellini in a zip-top plastic bag to use later in a soup or side dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 304
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 876mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 1/2 (9-ounce) package refrigerated rainbow three-cheese tortellini
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/3 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 drained canned quartered artichoke hearts
- 8 grape tomatoes
- 8 pitted kalamata olives
- 2 thin slices prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips (about 1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons light balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Cook pasta in 1 quart boiling water 6 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add asparagus to boiling water, and cook 1 minute. Drain in a colander, and rinse with cold water until cooled. Drain.
- 2. While pasta and asparagus cook, combine roasted bell peppers and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add tortellini and asparagus; toss gently.
- Choice ingredient
- Prosciutto (pro-SHOO-toh), also known as Parma ham, is a salt-cured ham that is typically sliced thin and often eaten raw or lightly cooked, making it perfect to use in quick-cooking recipes. A little prosciutto offers a powerful punch of flavor in this dish, so you'll only need to use a small amount.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This