- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked whole-wheat pasta (preferably a short shape, such as penne)
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 6.5-oz. jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, not drained
- 1 2.5-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- calories 335
- fat 15 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 43 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 691 mg
- calcium 102 mg
How to Make It
Place zucchini in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup water, cover (leaving it slightly open to vent steam) and microwave on high until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Uncover, drain and let cool.
Divide spinach among 4 bowls. Microwave each, uncovered, for 1 minute on high to wilt, if desired.
In a bowl, toss pasta, chickpeas, artichoke hearts with marinade, olives, tomato, basil and oregano. Toss in zucchini. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with pasta mixture.
Divide mixture among bowls with spinach. Top with cheese and serve.