First made this salad last summer and it was such a crowd pleaser that we have started making it for bigger gatherings. I always get rave reviews and make it just like the recipe says.
Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
Make a colorful dinner salad inspired by the Mediterranean in less than 30 minutes. Use part of the artichoke marinade in the vinaigrette to boost flavor and save time.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad and about 1 tablespoon cheese)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 338
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (rice-shaped pasta; about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups bagged prewashed baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) feta cheese, crumbled and divided
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water. Combine orzo, spinach, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl.
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Coarsely chop artichokes, and add artichokes, reserved marinade, and 1/2 cup feta cheese to orzo mixture, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle each serving with remaining feta cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes