- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 30 flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 3 cups fish broth
- 36 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Glazed Celery Root
- Braised Pearl Onions
- 1/4 cup preserved lemon, minced*
- 30 celery leaves
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices toasted sourdough bread, rubbed with a halved garlic clove
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Add parsley and vermouth; cook 1 minute or until vermouth has almost evaporated.
Stir in fish broth, and bring to a boil. Add mussels; cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until mussels open. (Discard any that do not.)
Reduce heat to low; stir in butter and next 6 ingredients. To serve, place 1 piece of bread into each of 4 shallow bowls. Spoon mussels over bread.
*Preserved lemon is available at specialty markets. If unavailable, substitute 2 teaspoons lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon salt.