I have made this recipe a handful of times now, and it is always great. Make the couscous early enough for it to sit on the counter and allow the flavors to merry. I always use aluminum foil for the packets with excellent results...no need for parchment. Mahi can be expensive, so I have substituted snapper and cod...or whatever is on sale! You really can't mess this up!
Mediterranean Mahimahi in Parchment with Couscous
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
If you can't find mahimahi, use tuna. The fish and couscous combo creates a savory one-dish meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 packet and 1 cup couscous mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 466
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 47.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33.9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 696mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 7 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets
- 12 thin lemon slices (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Place couscous, tomatoes, and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to bowl; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut 4 (15 x 24-inch) pieces of parchment paper. Fold in half crosswise. Draw a large heart half on each piece, with the fold of the paper being the center of the heart. Cut out the heart, and open. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper. Place 1 fillet near fold of each piece of parchment. Top each fillet with 3 lemon slices; drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each serving. Starting at the top of the heart, fold edges of parchment, sealing edges with narrow folds. Twist the end tip to secure tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Place on plates; cut open. Serve immediately with couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes