Mediterranean Mahi Mahi with Olive and Shallot Tapenade
- 10 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (about 10 cloves), divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) mahi mahi steaks
- 1 cup mixed brined olives, pitted (such as kalamata, picholine, and niçoise)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons garlic, and oregano in a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub fish with oregano mixture. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak olives in cold water 30 minutes. Drain, and soak in cold water 30 additional minutes. Drain. Chop olives and set aside.
- Place 4 tablespoons oil and chives in a blender; process until combined. Strain chive mixture through cheesecloth into a small bowl, if desired, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons garlic, thyme, and olives; cook 3 minutes or until heated. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté fish, skin side up, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork. Place fish on individual serving plates. Spoon olive mixture evenly over steaks, and drizzle with chive mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes