Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 quart water
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 3 green onions
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled tomato-basil feta cheese
- Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven; reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, 15 to 20 minutes or just until lentils are tender. Drain.
- Chop bell peppers, tomato, and green onions; add to lentil mixture. Stir in olives and next 3 ingredients; cover and chill. Sprinkle salad with cheese; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note