Mediterranean Layered Rice Salad
Yield: Makes About 8 Servings
- 1 cup Mahatma® or Carolina® Whole Grain Brown Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat Italian Balsamic dressing, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched and drained
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup mild reduced fat Provolone (or Cheddar cheese), shredded
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen green peas, thawed
- Prepare rice as directed. Let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
In non-stick skillet, heat oil and add mushrooms. Sauté stirring frequently until mushrooms are browned and all liquid has evaporated.
Combine rice with mushrooms and chives. Gently mix 1/2 cup dressing with rice-mushroom mixture. Place one-half of rice mixture in bottom of large glass serving bowl. Layer broccoli, red peppers, and green onions. Drizzle 1/2 cup dressing over vegetables. Top with remaining rice mixture.
Layer peas, tomatoes, and drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup dressing. Top with cheese.
This salad can be prepared early in the day or the day before and refrigerated until ready to use.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads