Followed recipe exactly, and it was splendid as a marinade and sauce for chicken kabobs. Reviewer ToadHill should quit whining. No one forced her/him to make this sauce. There is absolutely nothing tyrannical about this or any other recipe.
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Kebabs
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing, divided
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large oranges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Combine 1/2 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut each orange into 8 wedges; cut each wedge crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and orange pieces alternately onto each of 16 (10-inch) skewers. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done, basting occasionally with remaining 1/2 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing. Place kebabs on a platter; sprinkle with mint.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note