I substituted 2tbl of honey and 2tbl of pure pomegranate juice for the Pom/molasses and was very pleased. I also marinated over night and the flavor was delicious! Guests loved it and we served with roasted. Brussels sprouts and mango salsa. Definitely a keeper!
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Kebabs
These kebabs can be handsomely garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds (the fruit is in season late this month). If you have any leftover dressing, serve it as a dipping sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 22.7g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing, divided
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large oranges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Combine 1/2 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut each orange into 8 wedges; cut each wedge crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and orange pieces alternately onto each of 16 (10-inch) skewers. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place kebabs on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done, basting occasionally with remaining 1/2 cup Pomegranate-Orange Dressing. Place kebabs on a platter; sprinkle with mint.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This